Friday, July 27, 2012

Cancer Of The Personality

Time bleeding on into oblivion, laughing all the way

Bad decisions, their consequences and the end result

Breeding a new sense of madness, a bad aftertaste

Dead girls are playing merrily outside my door, I ignore

More end results of somebody’s bad decisions

This dysfunction that entombs my thought processes

Is the same one that’s handed down year after year

Never finding it in one’s self to ever face themselves

And the personal betrayal you must always answer to yourself for

It’s a disease enabling every fault within one’s self to be magnified within one’s self

Amplifying each other and every other flaw in character

Like cancer of the personality, seems deadly enough

Sickening words fly from malignant tongues

And the disease spreads throughout

Enter the realization of this death bred of dysfunction

Then the tears will seem to fall more freely

Unable to ever overcome these shortcomings

Never getting past all these doubts and fears

Insecurity, jealousy, anger and the instability to tell the truth, ever, all seem ok today

Feel the blistered mind that tries to understand that

Ignorance in this silly folly can be catastrophic

Yet nobody ever seems to have the slightest clue

Am I the only one that harbors any pain of such?

Crippling are these dysfunctional realizations

A pattern set forth, I purposely avoid

Intending to be better, to be set free

I want out of this dysfunctional isolation

Yet seems my very effort is my demise and another dysfunction in itself

My ecstasy becomes my misery

That foot I keep planted firmly on the ground is floating away

And I’m no longer completely sure of the last whereabouts of my mind- lost?

Or held captive by an involuntary manifestation holding on for dear life

As if it knows its time is up again

It simply cannot be allowed to remain

No longer in the presence of victims

No longer can it hurt or control

Nor can it breed anymore situations laden with regret

Staring blindly into the Sun like a fool

Ask him why, he’ll say it’s soothing

Can dysfunction ever become madness?

Or has it already?




©2007_Sean✗Elliott✗H.®™

No comments:

Post a Comment