Friday, July 27, 2012

In A Bar One Night, There Was A Match Made In Heaven



The devil is wearing blue jeans

There are footprints in the blood

Shards of glass crunch beneath the cheek to cheeks.

"Can I bum a light?"

"Thanks, my name is Lonely."

"Your welcome, my name is Broken Hearted."

"Would you like a drink?"

"Sure."

"What'll it be?"

"Whatever you're having."

"Bartender, I need 2 Cuervos and 2 High Lifes."

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

"Come here often?"

"No, just when I'm Lonely."

"Really, do you have any other names?"

"Yeah, Miserable."

"Wow, my other name is Desperate."

"Will you be Desperate tonight?"

"Not if you are Miserable."

"Nope, just Lonely."

"Well, I just may be Desperate."

A buzz in the lights, a buzz in my brain.

A hum in the juke, a hum on my lips.

Why can't she love miserable?

Why does the chick behind the bar keep winking at me?

Maybe she wants me to go home with her,

Or she probably has something in her eye.

"Well, I'll drink to that."

"Cheers, here's to us, Lonely and Desperate."




©1996_Sean✗Elliott✗H.®™

No comments:

Post a Comment